sunday: young ji apgujeong hang out. drunk
Sunday was my last weekend in Korea and it was basically winding down to finding people for either one last hangout or a goodbye. I was scheduled to leave Korea Tuesday night, but have to be checked out of my dorm by 11AM and Monday is totally dedicated to packing because I hadn’t started.
Ji Won nuna and Young Ji wanted to meet for one last time to have lunch with me. Even though I randomly met them and haven’t had that much time to spend with them, they are still been an important part of my trip here and I will miss them greatly. I waited in front of Ewha for them to show up but Ji Won nuna came down with a cold and couldn’t make it. So it was just be and Young Ji and we had donkatsu at a popular donkatsu place in the Ewha area.
This is the first time I really had a 1 on 1 conversation with her and learned a lot about her. She’s the same year as me and Ji Won and she is majoring in physics. She is from Gwangju and wanted me to come visit, but that wasn’t exactly possible =(
We then went for some frozen yogurt dessert to finish off our conversation. I really feel like it took about 3 months to fully adjust and to find my place in Korea. Just as I got the hang of everything and found people to see every week I have to say goodbye.
And after that goodbye it was another goodbye hangout with Dana and Seungyun. Because our previous hangout in Apgujeong was so much fun we decided we needed to do it again. For dinner we went to a popular samgyeopsal place called Kogii Kogii. It was right across from the construction site of T-ara’s cafe shop that should be opening across Korea in the near future.
They had a menu consisting of different samgyeopsal that were flavored differently. It seemed to be a favorite dinner spot for DBSK as well.
As we finished eating, Seungyun says to me “you are oppa, you should pay!” ^_^
UGH. WIth the Korean guys that I have met here I get differing opinions on the whole “oppa” thing. “oppa” is a term for an older male or older brother used by a female. And if you guys aren’t actually brother and sister then it is more of an endearing term beefore a younger female and an older male. Some guys absolutely hate it! They can’t stand the whiny Korean-girl-style of talking and adding oppa just gives them goosebumps. On the other hand, some guys love it! They think it is really cute and just love being called by that term. It’s as if it makes they have a soft spot that just gets tickled every time they hear it. I for one…..LOVE IT. Oh my gosh….I’ve been waiting forever for someone to call me oppa in Korea. I don’t know what it is, or maybe I just watch too many Korean dramas, but when a Korean girl calls you oppa you can’t help but cave and do whatever it is that she wants you to do. So I paid…
Next up was saju for me!! Dana did saju (fortune telling) last time but it was just at some street tent. This time we were going to a more reputable place that Seungyun has gone herself and recommends it. It is a saju cafe, so you have to buy a drink along with your saju reading.
They used your birthday and time of birth to do the reading. I liked a lot of parts of my reading, but some parts still irk me…but it’s all just for fun!
- Have study luck until the age of 28 and will study at a good university
- fit to be in a position where I am watching over people like a CEO
- should work where I get to meet lots of people everyday and not alone in an office
- If I choose not to study then I will need to pass through many job interviews before landing my permanent job
- I will get my first career-like job around the age of 28 but i will be disappointed with the job
- Money will start flowing in and I will get my dream job after I am 38
- I have money luck and will earn a lot until I am 60
- From the age fo 28-38 even though I will not be at my dream job I will be paid higher than many others
- a hospital job would suite me well
- I should invest in assets because I will lose everything if i invest in stocks
- I have love luck this upcoming year and then again 2 years later.
- I will either marry before 27 or in my mid 30’s
- I want a wife that is obedient and I will always try to “fence” her in
- this will be the biggest obstacle for marriage
- I will most likely end up with an older, mature, white girl T.T
- The problem I have in relationships is that I overthink everything rather than just act
- Will have 2 children that are hardworking and an overall harmonious family life
- I need to be careful of diabetes and high blood pressure
- I don’t need to try to seek new people or friends
Next was noraebang!!! We went to a different place which was nearby to Everysing because they offered all you can eat popcorn and ice cream!!
And then some boba at Cofioca to end the night.